South Africa sits at the southernmost tip of the African continent. With the most sophisticated infrastructure in the region, South Africa is usually the gateway to the continent for most visitors.
It is easy to travel around this “World in One Country”, with its good system of roads and affordable internal flights. South Africa offers an incredible diversity of experiences and locations; from world-class cities like Cape Town (also referred to as ‘The Mother City’) to excellent safaris in places like the famous Kruger National Park, to everything in between which includes: beaches, vineyards, mountains, whale watching, shark cage diving, rail journeys, canopy tours, cultural tours, shopping and the list goes on...
Top 7 Reasons To Visit South Africa
- Easy to get there – 10 hours direct flight from Europe and on average 16 hours from the USA. Serviced by most of the major airlines
- Easy to travel around - great infrastructure and transport routes, with affordable internal flights and car rental
- Excellent value for money – the local currency (ZAR) is weak against international currencies and the cost of living is lower than in first world countries
- High levels of comfort and service – world class restaurants, accommodation and activities
- Variety of contrasting experiences – from excellent luxury safari options in the Greater Kruger National Park region, to city experiences in Cape Town, adventure tourism, cultural exposure and wine tasting to name a few
- Easy to communicate - English is widely used and understood by the majority of people you will meet (even if there are 11 official languages!)
- Banking - International credit cards are accepted everywhere, and there are a multitude of ATM’s and banks. South Africa has an extremely progressive banking system